Tuesday, July 13, 2010

life sucks but the recipes continue, original italian tomato sauce

Hello dear all,
I am probably having the worse day ever...problems at school and my parents postponed their trip..yet again!
However, I figured I would still write a new recipe because I love doing this and I love that you guys are actually following my blog...makes me feel special.
So, today, I am going to give a very simple recipe for tomato sauce...the true italian way. In fact, I hope you are not fooled by Italian-American food, which is NOT the original Italian cooking. In fact, my home country cooking is very simple and healthy.
Down to business, here is how I make my tomato sauce:
I put olive oil in a warm pain and then I add garlic to it..the amounts can vary based on how many people you are cooking for and personal preferences.
Then, I put a few basil leaves and tomatoes from a can in the pan..usually I use whole tomatoes, but diced are fine as well.
I then add salt to it and wait until the sauce becomes less soupy and more solid, but still not too solid about 15 minutes or so...and voila'!
If you do not like garlic, you can always use onions. My aunt does that. :)
You can also use spices like oregano to give more flavor to the sauce.


No comments:

Post a Comment